Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Principles Critique


Critique of:


Art Vocabulary and Craftsmanship
I used a short depth of field for this shot and I cropped it to use rule of thirds. The flower had just been in the center, so I cropped it to make it more interesting
Elements
·       Color
·       Line
·       Shape
·       Texture
·       Form
·       Value
·      Space
The purple pops against the monotone of the bench and contrasts well with the green of the bushes behind it. The line from the bench helps lead the eye to the flower. I really like the texture of the flower and the bench together.

The flower against the bench and bushes adds variety as well as the different pebbles in the bench. The short depth of field adds emphasis to the flower.

Principles
·       Proportion
·       Variety
·       Balance
·       Contrast
·       Pattern/Repetition
·       Rhythm/Movement
·       Unity/Harmony
·      Emphasis
Conceptual Skill
I really wanted to show the simplicity of the color contrast with this image. Grey and purple are two of my favorite colors to put together and this was a nice way to show them off.
Critique

I love this picture. I was just walking around when I saw that someone had left the flower on the bench. I added a vignette in Photoshop to help draw the eye in to the flower and add a pop of light to the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment