Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dramatic Lighting Film Critique


 

Art Vocabulary and Craftsmanship

It had a short depth of field and dramatic lighting with the light coming in from the window. Rachael’s face is dominant using rule of thirds.

Elements
·       Color
·       Line
·       Shape
·       Texture
·       Form
·       Value
·      Space

The lighting is able to cast shadows on her face, giving more texture and form to her face. I really like the contrast between the shadows and highlights on her face.

I like the simplicity of the picture because it draws more attention to her face. The lack of distractions adds emphasis. I wish I had burned in the edges of the picture because they are slightly distracting.

Principles
·       Proportion
·       Variety
·       Balance
·       Contrast
·       Pattern/Repetition
·       Rhythm/Movement
·       Unity/Harmony
·      Emphasis
Conceptual Skill

I wanted to capture the way the light was hitting her eye. By dodging it in in the dark room, I was able to get the bottom of her eye so that it was bright, but not over exposed.
Critique

I really like this picture, it’s a good profile and uses highlights and shadows to add texture and dimension to her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment