Thursday, May 23, 2013

Elements Critique




Art Vocabulary and Craftsmanship

I used a short depth of field. I wish I had used rule of thirds to add some variety to the image.
Elements
·       Color
·       Line
·       Shape
·       Texture
·       Form
·       Value
·      Space

The green color draws the eye against the grey wood. The lines lead to the clover and beyond it, adding depth. The repeating patterns of the petals balance the image, but the missing pieces add variety. I like the texture of the wood against the texture of the petals because you can see the roughness of the veins in the petals rather than the smoothness that you would expect.
Principles
·       Proportion
·       Variety
·       Balance
·       Contrast
·       Pattern/Repetition
·       Rhythm/Movement
·       Unity/Harmony
·      Emphasis
Conceptual Skill
I wanted to show the balance of the four leaf clover because they are so rare. I liked the color and texture of the wood compared to it.

Critique

I liked this picture because of the brightness of the green and the varying shades of it.
Other (Specify)
·         ?

No comments:

Post a Comment