Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hockney Critique



Art Vocabulary and Craftsmanship
I used a fairly small aperture to be able to get the steps and the building in focus. 


Elements
·       Color
·       Line
·       Shape
·       Texture
·       Form
·       Value
·      Space

The lines in the steps lead up to the Rotunda. The shadows on the statue give it a three dimensional shape. I like the different shades of grey on the steps. I wish the lines had been able to line up better when I aligned the individual pictures.

The statue of Jefferson in front of the building gives a better sense of how big it is. I wish that I could have gotten the sky to be the same shade of blue throughout the image.
Principles
·       Proportion
·       Variety
·       Balance
·       Contrast
·       Pattern/Repetition
·       Rhythm/Movement
·       Unity/Harmony
·      Emphasis
Conceptual Skill
I wanted to get the historical aspect of the Rotunda with Jefferson standing in front of it. UVA is his school and he should be a bigger part of it.

Critique

I think the images could have lines up better, but overall it looks nice. I really wish the scaffolding hadn’t been there when I took the pictures, but that couldn’t have been helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment